Advancing Women is an Australian based, globally focussed enterprise providing research, consulting and advisory services on equality, inclusion and gender diversity, in sport and in business.
What Problem Are We Solving?
The Hard Facts
Australia is a wealthy, developed country which has had positive economic outcomes for more than 2 decades, bucking the global trend. Yet, outcomes for women in Australia across many measures simply do not stack up positively in comparison.
- 86% of Australian companies are chaired by men.
- 83% of Australian companies have a male CEO.
- 74% organisations have a male-only team of key management personnel.
- There is a 14.5% gender pay gap
- Australia has had only one female prime minister
- 70% of the federal lower house MPs are male with 60% of Senators in the upper house male.
This is a Well Polished Problem
Advancing Women is determined to not continue polishing the ‘well polished problem’ of not enough women in leadership across sport, business and public sectors.
Michelle Redfern established Advancing Women to provide practical, pragmatic solutions to business and sports leaders so they can take action that leads to enduring and sustainable outcomes for their organisation.
How? By having diverse, inclusive workplaces and leadership teams.