We expect a lot from women.
We want them to lead, manage, coordinate and juggle life, leadership and career. Often this results in women prioritising themselves last in a long to do list. The guilt women carry for making the simplest investment in themselves, their career, their business or their wellbeing needs to stop! I want women to start investing time and effort in themselves, their development and their fulfilment. Doing this will allow them to better understand themselves, their skills and how to use them effectively which will position and propel them into doing more of what they love and less of what they don’t. It is also what the world needs. More women in leadership.
So here is some advice.
Get the career advice you need
In her Ted Talk watched over 3 million times, Susan Colantuono says get the career advice you need, not what you’ve always received! Here is some good advice;
- Traditional training, development & advice will get you to the middle, not the top
- Embrace your identity as a leader
- Identify and act to close your leadership gaps
Identify and act to build your leadership muscle
If you want to lose weight, get fit and be healthy, then you would identify and act, wouldn’t you? You might get a gym membership, start eating healthy or engage a personal trainer to help keep you committed, focussed and accountable.
Why not use the same formula for your career?
- Lose weight: lose the incomplete career advice, the lack of confidence.
- Get fit: practice self-awareness & business skills exercises and build personal brand muscles
- Be healthy: discover your purpose, your vision and values then build a career advancement plan
These are simple steps but require commitment, discipline, support and expertise.
Think of Advancing Women as your personal trainer
I have designed a 6-step program to build the career muscles that matter for women. Masterclasses, workshops and mentoring circles that will build the EQ (Emotional Quotient) IQ (Intellectual Quotient) and SQ (Social Quotient) muscles of the current and next generation of female leaders in Australia.
My programs are not designed to ‘fix’ women, they are designed to provide the strategies, tools and the practical actions to women who are serious about advancing their prospects. The learning content is balanced to ensure that women aren’t over-committing and perfecting skills, attributes and traits they are already comfortable with and competent at. All of which result in women advancing, on their own terms!
Women attending my 2 hour Masterclasses over lunch get to experience a sample of my Advancing Women program.
You have two options:
- Knowing Me, Knowing You: building self awareness & self management muscles
- Be Your Own CEO: building your personal & digital brand muscles.