Here’s 5 things I’ve learned so far:
- I like being in charge, in control and completely autonomous (actually I always knew that) However with choice come consequences. No work? No revenue! No revenue, no growth. No growth, no purpose.
- I need to harmonise my life…enthusiasm can become obsession. 16 hour days x 7 day weeks defeat my purpose. And it sucks. And its not sustainable. And it sucks for the LOML (Love of my life) And I need to do more than work & sleep!
- Women are bloody fantastic to do business with. Seriously, I am in awe at how collaborative, transparent and simply supportive the female business community is. (check out my #WWGI ecosystem for evidence of a thriving, collaborative female community)
- Vulnerability is the game-changer. I need to ask for help, guidance and support more often. Thank you wonderful people I trust (you know who you are) that I lean on…it makes a difference!
- Beware of the time wasters. I am learning that I need to be much more deliberate and purposeful about putting boundaries in place and saying no! 5 x 1 hour long coffee catch ups to “pick your brain” each week are energy depleting and not necessarily conducive to growing my two businesses.
Michelle Redfern loves F words…some of her favourite are fabulous, feisty, fantastic, female, flawesome and feminism. Yes…Michelle is a card-carrying (If there were cards), flag waving (if there were flags), feminist. Because feminism is “the advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.” Michelle is also an astute businesswoman & keen entrepreneur who has founded two businesses to advise women about how to shatter the glass ceiling & be successful, in whatever way they define success. Founded by a woman, run by women, for women and the organisations that employ women. Michelle is a mentor, advisor, runs events & speaks about her vision to create a gender equal world. Michelle’s business supports, advocates, activates and champions gender equality.